We all have attractions to different styles of music, we all have different ideas. But we will all have different songs we are attracted to at different times.Often, these have messages that resonate at the time, or universally. I have found that in uncovering the meaning of this you can find out a lot about yourself and what you need to do. I found this by looking at why I connect to three songs. The songs were Sleeping Sun by Nightwish, A cover of the Sound of Silence by Disturbed, and Antigravity by Starset. These songs had different meanings, I found, looking through it.
It took me three days to figure out how to do this, but once I did I found profound insights from these songs and their clips into not only what I have been going through at the time, but who I am and some ideas on society that I have been thinking of. Sleeping Sun, For instance was a hark back to past lives and who I was, Antigravity echoing my journey since beginning of December last year and the sound of slilence giving an insight into society.
This is a simple method, but one that needs space and privacy so you can focus I don't recommend doing it anywhere but home, but if you feel safe enough you could do it on a train or anywhere you have to sit down for half an hour or longer. I have done this kind of thing before so as long as you feel safe doing so there is no barriers to it. It is an easy way of connecting to life which requires very few resources, so it is something worthwhile, especially if you are thinking through something, or going through a lot at the time. It could help you a lot if you need insight. It does not need to be profound music, classical, Tibetan gongs or anything else either. It could be your favorite rock, pop or hip hop song. This is about you personally and what attracts you. There is a message in there you're looking for that is relevant to you not anybody else. So if a Britney Spears song is what is it, then well, I guess they are useful for something for once. This is highly individual and will vary with time and what you are going through. Use this and find insights if it works for you, don't worry about what it means to others.
Choose a safe spot to relax and work. This could be anywhere, but the safer the better. Get comfortable. Cue the song, write down the name as a heading. Listen to the song, eyes closed in a relaxed position. When song through write down any impressions – cue back through if necessary, taking quotes.
This could be on notepaper, but a form of consecrated or long term journal is better for keeping and working on insights. Think on this for a few hours or overnight, adding any overall impressions – Do so for a few days. Record all insights no matter how weird, they might all end up being relevant.
Combined Music Meditation
This music meditation combines the attunent to your own energy through the Chakra system with a intuitive feel of the energies that we are interacting with. It does this by combining the use of Chakra biurnals with music to create a audio meditation sequence with room to be reflected on later. This has the advantage of syncing us to the flow of energy so we can use it better.
The instructions here are based around the Google phone ap Biurnal Chakra, but you can find many apps for both Apple and Android as well as biurnals on Youtube. Use a play list or folder for the music and let intuition guide you to select three songs at seemingly random. Remember the order of the songs and any insights, take notes and go back if you need to. It is good to do this before bed and add any insights from dreams or that you think of in the morning after subconscious processing. If you can do that you get the best effect from this, but you can do this any time that you have spare time, such as a decent length train ride with earphones. I use earphones anyway because the biurnals work better that way but if you have space to yourself you may choose not to do this.
Combined Music Meditation
- Set yourself up as comfortable as possible.
- Bring up the Biurnals and play the pure biurnals 10 breaths each from base Chakra to Crown Chakra.
- Do the DNA and integrity repair for three breaths
- One by one, choose three songs from a list of favourites instinctively, really relaxing into it and listening.
- After the songs are finished wait, take a few breaths, and turn back to the Sounds of the Earth Biurnal. Listen to for ten breath, relaxing for a few moments, taking a few deep breaths.
- Record the sequence of the meditation, name of the songs. Record any insights with the song titles.
- If you can let this process through the day/overnight). Overnight is best. Record any new insights and keep with a reflective journal/dream journal.
Elemental Meditations and Representative Tools
The elements are the basis of magickal and spiritual techniques for both Western and Eastern practitioners. These building blocks of life represent the building blocks of the prime material as our ancestors saw it. While Science has been coming up with a different idea of what the world is today, the elements are still relevant to magick workers and spiritual practitioners today.
There are two major systems of elements that predominate in spiritual thought today, the Western and the Eastern. The western is composed of Earth, fire, air and water with spirit or Ether being at the centre. Which term you use for the centre will vary by tradition and practise, but they both mean the same thing, animating spirit. This is used in Wicca, Witchcraft and Druidic practise among others. The Eastern, or Chinese Element system of Wood, fire, earth, metal and water is based around a completely different philosophy again, each element preceded by the one that renders matter into the represented state among other interactions very much showing the cycle of life flowing. There is no spirit or ether element used in this system. Some schools of Buddhism, Tai Chi, Feng Shui and Chinese Astrology are perhaps the best known users of this element system.
Due to being a Western influenced Magick Practitioner and focussing on the western element system the meditations here, but with a bit of work you could quite elegantly use this with the Eastern/Chinese system. I won't put the correspondences in the article due to the more western focus, but they are easily looked up through google in terms of Chinese Astrology or Feng Shui. If there is strong demand I might add this in a separate article later on.
There are two forms of this meditation here, a basic one, the first one I came up with, and a more advanced one that uses a specific order in the way the elements are used in this mediation. This is done for a reason, Earth being used to ground the energies in reality so it is advisable not to move it. These can be used alone, or in combination, the combinations the subject of a later article in this section after the meditations that it can be combined with are covered as well.
You may choose not to use it but in my practise I have found adapting an Pranic breathing technique as taught by Ron Ragel, who writes and talks about the Way of the Sacred Warrior, introduced me to at a talk at Gnostic Forest at Woy Woy back in March this year. There were two other breathing techniques taught, but this was the one that stuck. I tried to use it by itself, but found myself instead incorporating it into my meditations in a modified form. I have since refined how I use it according to Anima and Animus, light and dark polaric energies. Once again, this is easy enough to translate out to Yin and Yang if you wish to use the Eastern/Chinese element system so this is still a viable part of a modified meditation technique.
Where it is indicated to use it as it makes the meditations and cleansings more effective. This may not work for you on trial but I would suggest you try it first and then find out rather than skipping them in the first place.
Basic Elemental Meditation
This is the basic element meditation that was the basis for other forms of meditations which I developed afterwards. It involves invoking the elements by energetically immersing yourself in them. This can be quickly and easily done, no materials required and no time requirements when you need to reconnect and recharge with nature.
This is best done in nature or a natural environment like a park, but any place you can feel safe and sit back or lie down is acceptable. A place with flowing or clean natural water nearby is even better, but not necessary. Due to the visualisation element it is best to find a place where you will not be disturbed for ten or fifteen minutes, as you will find it quite a shock to wake up from even a half trance when disturbed.
Basic Elemental Meditation
- Sit or lie back and close eyes. Visualise yourself lying on the grass in your favourite spot, be that in your minds eye or a real place.
- Feel yourself energetically sinking into the earth. Feel the energy surround you, envelope you. Breathe deeply in and out five to ten times using the breathing exercises in the advanced Meditation if you wish (or any other you might wish. With one final deep breath, feel the energy for a moment.
- Turn on your back and float/ move into flowing water. This could be a visualisation of a river or the sea, as long as it is attached to your earth. Feel yourself swim/float through the river/bayside directly into the water. After a deep breath repeat the same number of breaths, either deep breaths or using your breathing exercises. Take a final deep breath, appreciate the quality of the flowing water.
- Fly up through the atmosphere to the edge, feeling the suns direct rays. Feel the heat on your skin, the fire and energy, warming your up. Repeat the same number of deep breaths and/or breathing exercises. Take a moment and a final deep breath to appreciate the energy.
- Slowly, slowly let yourself fall back to your position through the atmosphere. As you do, feel the air, the moving breeze, the clouds. Repeat the same number of breaths and/or breathing exercises as you gently float down. Feel and appreciate the air as you land gently on your back, or sitting, with a deep breath.
- Take a moment to breathe, re-centre and feel you coming into yourself as you come back down into yourself and your body. Feel the body centre and come back in, renewed, reconnected and relaxed. Take a moment to wake up fully before doing anything that requires concentration.
Advanced Elemental Mediation
This meditation, developed after, is a slightly more involved cleansing and balancing meditation, a guided meditation through the elements, cleansing and revitialising your energy. This is more involved and best done in a place where you feel safe, like a bedroom or lounge, though a safe outdoor area is acceptable.
If you can do this as undressed as possible, underwear is ideal if you are in a safe area indoors. Leave aside plenty of time and ensure that you will not be disturbed if possible. This is good to do after a shower or bath, especially if you have used the basic everyday cleansing ritual above. It can be used as pre – ritual preparation, or used daily to cleanse, balance and re-connect.
Advanced Elemental Meditation
- Lie or sit down, lying down preferable. Find a position of comfort, hands beside you, legs comfortable.
- Build around you a box of crystalline light, pink to Violet purple with a tray under it. Once box complete strip down all defences down to the essential self. See the chakra systems, the basic energy connections, the soul. Take a few deep breaths and feel it, the blockages,the parts that need healing.
- Fill the box with the energy of water. Take a few deep breaths, then place your hand on your nose. Using the modified pranic energy technique, breathing in through your right nostril and breathing out through your right, repeat for 10-20 breaths. Feel energy for a moment, make one final deep, full breath and drain box of energy. If you note it looks dirty take a note of how much – this is how much contaminated energy has been cleansed.
- Fill the box with fire and pure sun energy. Take a moment to absorb the energy and then repeat your breathing exercises the same amount of times as the water exercises, breathing in through the left nostril and out through the right as this is a Animus energy. Take a moment, a deep breath and note how contaminated the energy is, as this is how much was cleansed from you. Allow to drain from the box.
- Fill the box with Air energy. Take a deep breath to feel the energy, then repeat your breathing exercises the same amount of time as you did the other two. Once again breathe in through the left nostril and out through the right as this is an animus energy. Take a moment to appreciate, see how dirty the energy is as this is what was cleansed from you.
- Fill the box with Earth energy. Doing this last is important here as this is centring and grounding you back into reality as it cleanses and earths you. Feel the solidity of the energy, appreciate it for a deep breath. Repeat the breathing exercise for the same amount of breath, this time breathing in through the left nostril and breathing out through the right. Take a moment to appreciate the grounding this gives you, feel the cleansing aspect as the earth energy grounds and balances you out.
- Empty the box, fill with general spirit/Ether energy. Close off to your basic aura barriers, breathe the energy in. To balance out halve the number of times that you used for the element and in order do the animus side (Breathing in left, Breathing out right). The repeat the same number of times (Breathing in right, breathing out left) to balance out.
- Come to conciousness, dismissing the energy in the box, noting once again how dirty it was and what was cleansed and balanced out.
- Come to conciousness, and once in full conciousness step out of and dismiss box and tray. Put up any defences and go about your day.
Anima and Animus Meditations
The second in a series of cleansing and centring meditations, this one is about the balance of the two primal energies. This taps directly into them and balances them in the body for better functioning. It provides a chance to re-balance, cleanse and realign ourselves. But this only works if you have clear intent and clear execution. Without this it can be more problematic than not cleansing.
It can be used in combination, in fact is ideally suited to. It is also ideal to use daily after you wash and ritual cleanse to keep your energies clear as part of a daily cleansing routine. Or alternately, it can be used to balance yourself pre-ritual as part of pre-ritual preparation. I will detail combinations later when all the component pieces are done. This meditation can also be used by itself to clean and balance out your energy where you have twenty minutes you feel safe not to be disturbed if you feel out of balance.
Once again, here a modified breathing technique is used that was learnt from Ron Ragel, during a talk about the Way of the Sacred warrior, at Gnostic Forest at Woy Woy. Here we were shown three breathing techniques, but I only really remembered one. I found myself combining them in my practises rather than using them as shown.
They are an integral part of this meditation especially, something that you should try. Experiment a little, find out how it works best for you, but do try them. They are an integral part of the meditation here more than with the others.
Anima and Animus Balance
This meditation works direct with the energies that make up the soul within us, cleansing and balancing us out so our physically incarnated, dual selves are at our best peak performance. It is shorter and simpler than the others, good to combine or do after a wash or other cleansing to balance out the body.
Leave about twenty minutes where you won't be disturbed. Do as unclothed as you are comfortable, underwear or underclothes is ideal. This is also ideally done lying down, but sitting comfortably is will also work.
Anima and Animus Meditation
- Lie or sit down comfortably, hands beside you on your side. Calm and centre yourself.
- Put a pink/purple crystalline tray under yourself, followed by a box. Let yourself go to your essential self once you are safe inside.
- Fill the box with gold animus energy. Feel the energy around you for a moment.
- Take ten breaths, breathing in through the left side of your nose and breathing out the right. Take a few deep breaths.
- Dismiss the Animus energy, noting how dirty it was and why. This came from you. Understand where they are and what the blocks were.
- Fill up the box with Silver Anima energy. Feel the energy around you for a moment.
- Take ten deep breaths, breathing in through the right nostril and out through the left. After a moment dismiss the silver energy, noting where it is dirty and discoloured. This is your blocks and problems. Note them as the box drains
- Fill the box with a combination of both, clean energy. Use your visualisation to see the kundali system, gold one side, Silver the other along your spine, winding around the chakras. Bring yourself to your basic self around this.
- Repeat the pattern of breathing exercises to balance out this system within you. For animus this is breathing in through the right and breathing out through the left. For Anima this is breathing in the right nostril and out through the left. Do one after the other, feeling the energy system balance.
- Let the energy drain in the box, once again noting what was drained, what came out and what may need further attention.
- Bring yourself back to awareness slowly in the box, when you are slide out and dismiss the box. Bring in your normal psychic defences.
Kyshera Du'Skall Kre'Mashen Arkhense
Chakra Balancing Meditations
The development of this follows from the Anima and Animus Meditations and uses some of the same techniques. Once again, it uses the same breathing techniques, but to balance out the chakras, one by one. This is one to do when you have the time to spare, about half an hour to be on the safe side. Once again, it can also be combined with other meditations, and is something I do sometimes after the Anima and Animus Meditations that I also do.
It is best as unclothed as you are comfortable, underwear or underwear and Undershirt is ideal. If you can touch the skin over the chakra this is best, but once again, what you're comfortable with only. It is also a good one to do in concert with the Ritual cleansing, especially if you are going through a major change, have had a major shock or are very sensitive to use regularly to clear the self of damaging energies. I use this when I feel a major shift come through, in concert with Element meditation, Anima and Animus mediation as a final step. Or it can be used by itself as a tool to get to know and balance off your Aura.
If you are note experienced it may still be good to get some help in doing this, but it can help you to work on yourself as well, even if you do get other help to help you clear your aura.
Once again, this uses a modified Prana breathing technique that was learnt through a Gnostic Forest talk at Woy Woy by Ron Ragel on the Way of the Sacred Warrior. This is used in the same way as in the Anima/Animus Meditation, breathing in and inviting the energy in to balance. Like the Anima and Anima and Animus meditation, this is bringing in the two different energies into balance, accept this time in terms of each chakra individually.
The basic breathing technique is one learnt there, and the only one that stuck. Using it as taught faded and it became a part of many practises, including this one. It is a way of directing energy and balancing out the self, chakra by chakra. You can choose not to use it, however, I recommend trying it first before discounting it. It has worked for me quite well, why I made it part of the meditation for myself, and worth trying.
This is a good meditation to use after a cleansing such as the daily bath or shower technique above. It can be used alone or in combination. Special attention can be paid to the Chakras that had large blocks or looked like they needed attention through the cleansings, perhaps doing more work on them, or doubling the breaths. This is up to you.
I don't use this as much as the others, but I will be doing an article on combinations and some that might help in keeping you balanced if used regularly after all of them are up to use individually. This is about working with the mind and body to balance out living as a dual being in a very energetically charged world, something we can all do with. As with the individual meditations, this can be tailored and worked with to suit you best through practise. Get to know yourself and the meditation before modifying it too much though, to get it right.
Like the Anima and Animus Meditations this is a Mediation that is best done when you have time and a comfortable, safe place to work in. Work as unclothed as you are comfortable, prefrebly being able to touch the Charkas on skin. However, levels of comfort will vary as will situations so work to where you are and how comfortable you can get. It is best to be able to lie down, or at least sit reclined for this. Have a psychically safe space as possible for this as this is a very close in technique that requires a lot of openness. Other than that, it is about your comfort level.
This is about cleansing and balancing each chakra in turn, then resetting the system to work as a balanced whole, cleansed. Don't worry if you're not completely clear, that will happen as will blocks that take time, and perhaps help from someone else, to resolve. Think about this when you are working on this and don't overstretch your abilities here, even on yourself. Get help and support from someone else if you need it.
Leave aside half an hour or so you won't be disturbed to do this, in a place you are comfortable. This is not a quick fix and will take a while even if you see results in the first use of this technique.
- Lay or sit down comfortably, preferably laying down. This is best to do as unclothed as possible.
- When you are comfortable visualise first pink or purple crystalline tray, then a box on top around you. Let your defences go to your essential self once in that box.
- Touch your Base Chakra as close to skin as you feel comfortable. Let yourself get familiar with the energy and take a deep breath in. Then, using three short puffy breaths breathe three times in the right nostril, then out the left in one go. Repeat this five times. Reverse and breathe in the left nostril in three short, puffy breaths, breathing out. Repeat this five times. Breathe in and out deeply three times both hands on the Base Chakra.
- Repeat with the Sacral Chakra as with the base Chakra. First feeling the energy, the Breathing exercises as with the base chakra, then the three deep breaths.
- Repeat with the Solar Plexus Chakra. First feeling the energy, then the breathing exercises, then the three deep breaths.
- Repeat with the Heart Chakra. First feeling the energy, then the breathing exercises, then the three deep breaths.
- Repeat with the Throat Chakra. First feeling the energy, then the breathing exercises, then the three deep breaths.
- Repeat with the Third Eye Chakra. First feeling the energy, then the breathing exercises, then the three deep breaths.
- Finally, repeat with the Crown Chakra. First feeling the energy, then the breathing exercises, then the three deep breaths.
- Place your hands back on the Base Chakra, focussing on the connection of Anima and Animus as it goes around the chakras, gold and silver energy. Feel this, feel the way it runs now, how it is in balance or out out of balance. Close up to normal aura.
- Leaving a hand on the Base Chakra, do then breaths breathing in through the left nostril and out through the right, balancing Animus. Feel how it balances, changes as you do
- Leaving a hand on the Base Chakra, breathe in and out ten times, breathing in through the right and out through the left. Feel how the anima balances.
- Return the hand to the Base Chakra to join the first hand, focussing on the Anima and Animus connection with the base. Feel the energy balance through three long breaths in and out. Let yourself breathe and be with that energy as you do so, feeling it change and balance out.
- Slowly return to awareness after letting box drain. Pay attention to the way the box drains and what deterus is in there, what is left. Not all will come out each time, especially major blocks. This will take time and may take some help to shift if major enough.
- Get out of box, dismiss box and raise your basic defences. Note how you feel through the day and what has shifted, what new awareness you have through the body/mind connection.
Kyshera Du'Skall Kre'Mashen Arkhense
Above this article there are three meditations, each one working on a different part of the system that connects our physical to our spirit. Each one serves a purpose, and cleansing each one creates new opportunities and opens us up to new experiences. This is what we came here to do in life – learn and Grow. In using these meditations we assist this by clearing ourselves from what we do not need physically, mentally and spiritually. This could be from the outside or the inside.
But sometimes we need more. Sometimes we need to clear more than one thing. All is connected and more than one thing can be, and has to be dealt with in order to truly shift something. This is where combining meditations comes in.
I already do this for myself. I have a daily routine of doing a ritual cleansing in the shower, then doing an elemental and anima/animus meditation every day before getting dressed. Once a week or when there's been a major change I also use the Chakra Meditation in combination. For each person it will be individual in what they do when according their path and what they need at the time. There are some rules in combining them to make it more successful, however. Some guidelines for this are listed below;
- Ensure that Meditations are of the same type. The Music and Basic elemental meditations might work together, for instance, but with the other three, requiring a more complex preparation.
- If two meditations end with the same ending, put one ending at the end of the sequences rather than many.
- Combine in order they appear in the individual articles above here in ritual corner. This is because it goes from the most broad (elements) to the more intimate parts of our lives, our personal anima/animus balances to the personal chakras. Go from the broadest to the most specific.
- Use the breathing exercises at first until you understand how to modify them or finding something else to combine.
- Do a form of basic cleansing before to get rid of the worst to make this more effective.
- Use defences and ensure you are in a safe location with any meditation as your attention is not on your surroundings when doing this.